A man came to the prophet, with a dead bones and ask him O Mohammed do you say that Allah (God) will bring me back to life after i become like this dead Bones. Then Allah (God) reply with this verse in the holy Qur'an:
Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers. (Quran 75:4)
This emphasis on finger print has a very special meaning, this is because every one's finger print is unique to himself, every person who is alive or who has ever lived in this world, has a set of unique finger prints, that is why the finger prints are accepted as a very important identity exclusive to the owner, and it is used for this purpose around the World.
- Finger prints are formed in the embryo at the fourth month, and remain fixed and distinct all along man’s life.
- Finger prints are a record of curvatures that arise due to the fusion between the epidermis with the dermis.
- These curvatures differ from one person to another, and they never match or correspond among all humans.
- Finger prints have become the best method to identify persons. In 858, the English Scientist, William Herschel, pointed out that finger prints differ with the difference of their holders, thus rendering them as distinctive feature evidence for each person.
Allah says in the Holy Quran : “I do swear by the Day of Resurrection. I do swear by the reproachful soul. Does man reckon We shall not gather his bones? Yes indeed; We are able to shape again the tips of his fingers.” (75: 1-4)
- Physicians conducted wide anatomical studies on a large number of people of different nationalities and ages, and they were confronted with the scientific fact to which they bowed their heads, and in submission they testified that no one is ever able to make similar all finger prints scattering all over the universe not even among two persons.
- Here it is noticed that the verse speaks also of the recreation of all finger tips, and not only one. The word fingertips refer to all hand fingers. So shaping them again after being scattered all over the universe on Resurrection Day is a sign of Allah’s almighty power. This is but one side of Allah’s ability to resurrect people on Doomsday with their identifiable parts after annihilation.
- Therefore, it is not surprising that fingertips are one of Allah’s signs that contain the secret of His creation, and certify to the entity of the person without any confusion, thus becoming the most genuine testimony in this world and the Hereafter. The finger print is also a demonstration of Allah’s greatness of shaping such lines on a very small space no more than few square centimeters.
Is it not a wonderful scientific miracle in which the power of Allah the Almighty is evident ? Praise be to Allah the Almighty Who says; “Soon will We show them our signs in the furthest horizons, and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth” (41: 53)